Tuesday, November 11, 2008
The Snowmen Are Naked!
Local artists and the N. Seattle Boys & Girls Club are decorating the snowmen. We do have about 8 snowmen that still need an artist to volunteer to decorate. If you are interested, please see below...
Before committing to decorate a snowman you must be willing to do the following things:
1) Prime the raw wood to prep it for outside display, as these are meant to be lawn ornaments and need to be able to weather our rainy wet weather.
2) Paint and decorate front AND back sides of the snowman
3) Submit an artist bio (i.e. a short statement about yourself) to be displayed by the silent auction sheet
4) Return the decorated snowman to Bherd Studios located at the Greenwood Collective: 8537 Greenwood Ave N, Suite 1, Studio D, Seattle, WA 98103 (door to Greenwood Collective is right beside Gary’s Hobby & Games) by Friday, December 5th.
5) Pat yourself on the back, as you just donated your time in support of raising money for the N. Seattle Boys & Girls Club.
All snowmen will be displayed at Art Up/Open Up: Greenwood-Phinney Art Walk Kick-Off on December 12th from 6-9pm and will be auctioned off by businesses who have volunteered to display them in front of their stores. All proceeds collected will be given to the N. Seattle Boys and Girls Club.
If you have questions, please contact Michele Persinger at Bherd Studios via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Special Thank You to the following local businesses:
- Dunn Lumber who donated the wood
- John Osgood of Bherd Studios who donated the design
- Roger Brockway of He Saw Her Paint who donated his time & expertise in cutting out the snowmen